We rented “Minority Report” the other evening. I’d been interested in seeing it since it first came out, but the classic theater price dilemma kept us from seeing it on the big screen. Now that I’ve finally seen it, I have to say that it’s a great movie. Very suspenseful, and the mystery of “whodunit?” kept us guessing until the end. I was impressed by a lot of things in the movie. Some general comments:
1) I like how Cruise’s eyes changed to dark brown when he got new ones. Attention to detail. It would’ve been even better if, at the end, he had one brown and one blue– since he had kept one of his originals.
2) Whoever played Agatha did a great job. Maybe in real life she’s pretty and funny and whatever, but in the movie she was very much what you might expect of the precog.
3) The special effects were very good. I really dug the computer screens that were projected on glass or just into the air. And the way they manipulate data is fun– sliding stuff around with special gloves.
4) The police airships reminded me of Boba Fett’s Slave I starship.
5) The whole movie was colorized weird– very grey-and-blue. At first it annoyed me, but then I realized if they’d made everything really bright and cheery it would’ve clashed with the mood of the story.
So all in all it was a lot of fun. Now I just have to read the Philip K. Dick short story it’s based on…