Ted Stevens continues to get hammered (and rightfully so) for his awful portrayal of the internet as “a series of tubes”. You can buy everything from t-shirts to coffee mugs containing his catch phrase, and now I saw a hilarious “404 page”, which is what you see when the web server can’t find the page your browser has requested:
The tubes have been filled
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Someone has put into the tubes enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.
Please try the following:
- Click the Unclog button, or try again later.
- Make sure that the web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly, including all stutters.
- What has happened to your personal internet? If your staff sent you an internet Friday, you got it yesterday. Why?
- The internet is not a big truck; Windows can check your Tube Connection Settings to make sure that your computer is set to put your message into the tubes, and not to dump.
- Click the Back button to try another tube.
Full tubes or big truck error.